Hello to my lovely readers (regulars & newbies)…
As I write this post there are huge winds racing through the peppermint trees surrounding our house. It is supposed to be spring but south west WA hasn’t caught up yet. It is still pouring with rain and I don’t like it one bit.
Bring on the sunshine…winter is so last month.
On to my next thought.
When was the last you received or gave someone else a “Random Act of Kindness?”
Do people still do that anymore? Actually do something out of the kindness of their heart without expecting something back. Without keeping a score card.
Since our sea change, the community we have moved to has been a surprise.
People wait for you to go through the door first. They help you when they see you struggling with a heap of groceries and screaming kids. If the shop you are in doesn’t have the requested item you want, they either order in especially for you or they send you to the competition down the road. Amazing huh? It’s called customer service. A foreign concept I am still adjusting to.
Some Gratitudes this week. Something to be thankful for.
1) The heating system in our new house is the bomb. I hate being cold and was a little disturbed by the lack of gas outlets when we moved in but once we turned that heating system on I was feeling the love. No more nanna rugs for me.
2) Hubby brought me some flowers (real florist flowers not roadside/fuel station flowers) out of the blue & booked our little family dinner out on Friday night so I did not have to cook! Love that man.
3) We found a bookstore that is caters mainly for children and have found some Enid Blyton books to add to our growing collection.
4) I managed to get myself a new job at the local hospital, so back to work on weekends I go. (To pay for all the new books I know I will find in our house soon)
5) We were able to get Fremantle Dockers (AFL) tickets to the home preliminary final. Hooray!!
What have been some of your favourite moments this week?
Joining in with Essentially Jess for I Blog on Tuesdays linkup. Go on, check out all the wonderful reads this week…